Thursday, 5 July 2012

Chaos makes crazy

As we slope into the fourth week of my latest home-improvement project, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to reclaim my space. The joy of discovering that under the ghastly wall-to-wall carpets were original Oregon pine floors in such good condition that all they required to make them studendous was a light sanding and a couple of coats of sealant was considerably cooled this morning when I woke to near-zero temperatures in a house where the simple act of walking to the bathroom requires stepping over several piles of stuff. And, of course, because there's paint drying practically everywhere, doors and windows must stay open - which makes for a Very Chilly indoor environment.

I took these pictures this morning.

The unlivable living room.

















The verandah-cum-junkshop.












The stuffed-with-stuff spare room.












The unwelcoming workplace.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: