Friday, 26 June 2009

Whoops! Famous last words

Who said, just last month, ‘I would trade my body for his tomorrow. He’s in fantastic shape.’

Was it:
a) Brüno, Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest alter-ego, talking about Arnold Schwarzenegger?
b) Thobeka Mabhija, Jacob Zuma’s 36-year-old fifth wife, talking about her 67-year-old husband?
c) Promoter Randy Philips, talking about his late client Michael Jackson?

Yup, it’s (c), and we can safely assume that Randy is thanking god that actual body transplants aren’t yet possible, because otherwise, as of last night, he would be dead as a dodo.

We can also offer up our own thanks that we aren’t in the questionable hands of the doctors who allegedly spent five hours with Michael Jackson recently, taking blood and doing other tests to ensure his stellar health.

Of course, it’s always possible that the mega-super-dooper King of Pop isn’t really dead, but is at a roadhouse somewhere, eating tofu burgers (Jackson was a vegetarian) with Elvis (who wasn’t). It was obvious to everyone that he was reluctant to perform the 50 London dates he’d signed up for, but that he was in such deep financial dwang that he didn’t really have a choice. I must say, if I were Michael, I’d also have opted to kick the bucket. Or pretend to kick it, whatever the case may be.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Johann said...

If you bring his kids into the equation, I think he's actually dead. They are just to young to keep a secret like that. Then again . . I only have four spoiled dogs and piffle-in-comparison debt . . I could see how tempting it might be . .

ali g said...

with his latest nose probably swine flu that did it.

meggie said...

Oh oh, I hope he is gone for good. I hated much about the myth. Feel sorry for the children... who will find their 'real' parents for them.