Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Wonderful, wacky toy monsters designed by kids

This enchanting, hilarious hand-made felt monster, based on a child's drawing, just made my day. As did all the other felt monsters and pictures in this gallery.

Visual art blogger Anne Karsten says: ' "Bean," by Olivia, was one of 24 Stuffed Monsters I made in collaboration with a group of 4th & 5th graders as fundraising project for their school.

'All students made use of textures in their designs, incorporating swatches and written notes with drawings of their monsters from multiple viewpoints. I transformed their drawings into plush toys in early 2009.'

Check out the Stuffed Monster Gallery.

Via BoingBoing










Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Johann said...

I lo-o-o-o-ove these monsters! I WANT ONE!

Audrey said...

I WANT ONE TWO! THREE!

Quite the most delicious monsters I have ever seen. Restores a bit of my faith in human nature.

Juno said...

Thanks Johann and Audrey. Quite delicious. I have asked my daughter to draw a monster, because I just have to have one of these. Kids rock.

pretend play school said...

Cool! Kid's imaginations are the best!

Anne said...

Thanks so much for linking to this project!