Monday, 8 December 2008

I won a washing machine!

I’ve never won anything in my life – and especially not the stereo system I was promised by the time-share crooks I mention in ‘comments’ under Juno’s last post below – so when I entered our local Pick ‘n’ Pay competition to win a variety of prizes, I didn’t think for a second that I’d be successful.

But the first prize was R20 000-worth of food-shopping vouchers, and, given that I live with two teenagers and (often) a variety of their friends, who are able to clear about a thousand bucks’ worth of groceries out of the fridge and cupboards in a single weekend (and I’m not exaggerating), I thought I’d give it a go.

And guess what? I won the fourth prize! A brand-new washing machine!

Sure, it’s not R20 000-worth of food vouchers – but the woman who won that actually broke down and cried, so her need was clearly greater than mine.

And my lovely old washing machine, which has given me faultless service for over 15 years, is definitely past time to be put out to pasture. (It is to be donated to a young couple with a new baby, so will go on to do more good things, although probably with a lighter load.)

Thanks, Pick ‘n’ Pay!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

meggie said...

Wow, good things do happen then! Congratulations on your win.
A cousin of mine in Aoteoroa won a large Lotto prize, & bought herself a car, so maybe it is my turn next?? haha!