Sunday, 17 August 2008

New Oz traditional weapon: the sjambok

Nothing like a sjambok to show a pack of rampaging adolescents who is baas. The Sydney Morning Herald reports that ex-South African Dion Driman, 46, of Wahroonga, Sydney, whipped out his trusty sjambok when a 'marauding gang of teenage gatecrashers' tried to storm his 16-year-old's birthday party. Now he may be charged for using excessive force to chase the away the teens.

"I told them it was a private party and to clear off but this big youth put his face right into mine and said: 'make me'," said Mr Driman, 46.

Driman tackled the ringleader as he came round the side of the house: "As I tackled him, six of them came over the top of me. I received a big hit to the side of my head," said Mr Driman.

[Can you imagine the actual dialogue?

'Hey, bru, voertsek or I'll teckle you, then donner you with my sjambok.'
'Fick you, mate? I'll heet you on the side of your head?]

I am sure that Driman is very glad he packed his sjambok when he emigrated to Australia. I wonder whether Ozzies coming to South Africa pack their boomerangs?

Which reminds me: what do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back to you? A stick.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Australian dialogue made me laugh a lot? Speshly the nivver-inding interrogative?

shopping blog said...

The curve of pandora jewelry the end of the ironing board to Pandora charms act as the shoulder. Now, mist pandora bracelets and charms the shirt with your spray bottle and then buy Pandora you start ironing over the front of the discount pandora bracelets shirt. When you approach the part of Pandora necklace the shirt that has the buttons on the pandora necklace beads edges, you pull the bottom part of the shirt taught and then work against Pandora necklace sale the direction you are pulling at with the iron. Next you will then proceed to pull the shoulder taught by cheap pandora charms once again pulling the end of the shirt so that you can iron the front of the shirt where your pectoral muscles would be.