Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Heart-stoppingly beautiful motivational posters

If I had R2000 or so to spare, I would immediately place an order for these whimsical and powerful wall posters, which come from right brain terrain. Ostensibly, I'd order them to decorate the walls of the bat-caves of my teenage sons, but the real truth is that I'd like to put some of them - especially the 'Focus' one, the 'Patience' one and, of course, the 'Peace' one - on the wall behind my PC monitor. What I love about these images is how crisply they express how I feel, using, in most cases, just a single word of text.

Isn't it amazing how an image can say everything? It's the same with music. I recently read a line in a book (I wish I could remember which one) that said something along the lines of: 'The music couldn't be described in words. That's why the composer wrote it: to express the inexpressible.'

The 'Integrity' poster (above) brings tears to my eyes, because it reminds me of my late father, who always maintained that integrity was everything, and who lived his life with such honour. Also, it puts in a nutshell what I'm trying to pass on to my own kids. Order them online here; around $15 each.








































































Via the brilliant Design Mom

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Muriel said...

They're gorgeous!

shopping blog said...

The curve of pandora jewelry the end of the ironing board to Pandora charms act as the shoulder. Now, mist pandora bracelets and charms the shirt with your spray bottle and then buy Pandora you start ironing over the front of the discount pandora bracelets shirt. When you approach the part of Pandora necklace the shirt that has the buttons on the pandora necklace beads edges, you pull the bottom part of the shirt taught and then work against Pandora necklace sale the direction you are pulling at with the iron. Next you will then proceed to pull the shoulder taught by cheap pandora charms once again pulling the end of the shirt so that you can iron the front of the shirt where your pectoral muscles would be.