Wednesday, 1 August 2007

A working-class hero is something to be: my vid of the year

I wept buckets at the age of 17 (it was 1980, and I was conked out on Old Brown Sherry in a tent in Plett) when I heard that my hero John Lennon had been shot. I wept buckets again tonight watching this video of Green Day playing a brillaint cover of Lennon's Working Class Hero, in aid of Darfur. If you haven't bought this album, hurry along to your local mall to buy it. I wouldn't want to diss the sainted Lennon in any way, but I have to admit that I think Green Day's version is better than the original. Jack Johnson's cover of Imagine is something to hear.

Vid comes via The Lone Writer.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Walton said...

It is good. I also always really liked the Kalahari Surfer's song 'Bigger than Jesus'.

meggie said...

I have a version of that song by Marianne Faithful. I was impressed seeing this, thanks for posting it.

angel said...

i have to agree with you on green day's version- its fantastic!

The K-man said...

Hey man thanks for the shout out ! Nice blog

Juno said...

It's a pleasure, K-man! Thanks for the great vid.