Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Thin White Duke wins Webby lifetime achievement award

David Bowie, whom I spent my teen years sighing over, has just won a Webby for, "a career that has pushed the boundaries of art and technology -- from BowieNet, the seminal Internet service provider he launched in 1998, to UltraStar, his digital media company that creates cutting edge online content for artists like The Rolling Stones, The Police, and Mariah Carey, to BowieArt, an innovative Web site that connects emerging visual artists with collectors worldwide." Link


The Webby for Blog (Culture/Personal), went to we make money not art. I've just had a quick look at it, and I'm scratching my head. Is there something I'm missing here? A far more deserving winner is the one that scooped People's Voice in the same category - TreeHugger.com

All the winners here

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: