Monday, 14 May 2007

My friend Muriel grooves into Salmagundi

As you can see from the posts below, Salmagundi has now has two authors, as my fabulous friend Muriel has agreed to join the blog as a co-author. I am doing cartwheels round my study at the thought. This doesn't mean I won't be sharing some of her hilarious emails with you (I will, Mur), but that she'll also be adding her hilarious 10c' worth to the blog whenever the desire
grabs her.

Muriel isn't her real name, of course. So why's she called Muriel? (And why does she call me Muriel?) Well, her name comes from the wonderful movie Muriel's Wedding. In the movie, Muriel Heslop, who's played by Toni Collette, has a depressed lump of a sister, Joanie (Gabby Millgate). Joanie always responds to Muriel's mishaps with a shocked but deeply admiring, 'You're terrible, Muriel'.

That just sums up the way I feel about Muriel, and vice versa

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Lynne said...

ah... I was wondering! Having "met" both of you through work or Twitter, but not knowing you well enough to ask too many questions....

Muriel said...

Hi Lynne!

Juno said...

Hi Lynne too! (Mur, Lynne is my new Twitter friend).